SAVE THE DATE JUNE 21, 2017
NASA "TWO MONTHS TO THE ECLIPSE" PRESS CONFERENCE
GET READY FOR THIS SUMMER’S 2017 ECLIPSE ACROSS AMERICA THROUGH THE EYES OF NASA
JUNE 21, 2017 1:00 - 3:30PM ET
Live from the Newseum in Washington, DC See it on NASA TV and www.nasa.gov
(check your local cable stations for the NASA channel)
Join NASA, other federal agencies, and science organizations for a two-hour nationally-televised live event!
- How to experience the August 2017 eclipse through the eyes of NASA
- Views from different areas of the country and how to prepare
- Safe eclipse viewing practices
- What causes an eclipse and why you should care
- How to participate in events around the country
- The unique research opportunities to study our Earth, moon and the sun
For the first time in 99 years, a total solar eclipse will cross the entire nation on Monday, August 21, 2017. Over the course of 100 minutes, 14 states across the United States will experience over two minutes of darkness in the middle of the day. Additionally, a partial eclipse will be viewable across the continent.